The Beamer model nylon string is a double soundhole, expanded soundboard guitar. The area of the two soundholes is similar to that of a conventional classical guitar, but this design splits the hole and moves it into the upper bout so that a larger, uninterrupted area of the soundboard can vibrate. The transverse brace, usually located just behind the soundhole in front of the bridge, can be moved up to the end of the fingerboard, effectively “openning” up the tone producing potential of the soundboard. This makes it possible for the bass response of a larger guitar to be achieved in a smaller one, while maintaining a strong treble response. The proximity of the bass side hole makes the sound of the guitar much fuller and louder to the player.
- Scale Length: 25 1/2”, 26″
- Body Width (Lower Bout): 14 1/2”
- Body Length: 19 1/4”
- Overall Length: 39”
- Side Depth @ End Block: 3 3/4”
- Neck Width @ Nut: 2” or Custom
- Soundboard: Cedar or Redwood (European Spruce Optional)
- Back and Sides: Curly Koa, Curly Mango, Curly Walnut, Mahogany, Indian Rosewood.
Brazilian Rosewood available on request – please inquire
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bindings and Purflings: Maple, koa, rosewood, bloodwood
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh 510 with black anodized aluminum rollers, or custom
- Pickup/Preamp: Optional
For an explanation of the double hole soundboard design, click here.