The Montreux model derives its name from the Swiss town on Lake Geneva that plays host annually to the world famous jazz festival. It is also the area where some of the finest tonewoods in the world are produced. This model has the classic lines of a traditional orchestra jazz arch top, while utilizing modern advances in acoustic arch top voicing and tone engineering. Only the finest aged, very highly figured tonewoods are used in this model, including seasoned European White or Silver Spruce, German Maple or English Sycamore. The selection of these woods plays an important role in the production of a rich, well balanced tone. Because of their well-deserved reputation for being the best sound transmitting woods in the world, and because of their high demand for use in fine instruments, these woods have become increasingly scarce in recent years.
The Montreux has a remarkably full, lively response and is recommended to those seeking that extraordinary acoustic arch top sound. Other features include streamlined shaped “F” holes, suspended pickguard, carved ebony and gold tailpiece, and scalloped fingerboard end. Available in 16″, 17″, and 18″ body sizes, cutaway or non-cutaway.
- Scale length.: 24 3/4”, 25”, 251/2”
- Body width (lower bout): 16”, 16 1/2″, 17 ”, 18”
- Body length.: 20 3/8”, 20 7/8”, 21 1/4”
- Side depth: 2 3/4” – 3”
- Neck width: 1 3/4” at nut or custom width
- Soundboard: Special collection Spruce
- Back and sides: Special collection Maple or Koa
- Fingerboard, bridge, pickguard, tailpiece: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 510, or custom
- Pickup and electronics: Optional