The backs and sides are cut from the same billet of old cello wood, ensuring visual and tonal continuity. I personally select and test this wood for lightness, stiffness, sustain, and purity of tone. The “Laureate” is designed to have an exceptional acoustic response, with strong projection and power in the high end, as well as a deep voice in the bass end. Appointments include five ply wood purflings with optional dyed wood strip in the center of the five ply, wood bindings consisting of Curly Koa, Rosewoods, Silkwood, Curly Maple, or African Blackwood. Soundholes are also bound in wood.
Inlays include a multilayered diamond consisting of alternating strips of Paua shell Abalone from New Zealand, and Mother Of Pearl. Fingerboard inlays are diamonds echoing the peghead design. Available in 16″, 16 1/2”, 17, and 18” body sizes – in cutaway or non cutaway.
- Scale length.: 24 3/4”, 25”, 251/2”
- Body width (lower bout): 16”, 16 1/2″, 17 ”, 18”
- Body length.: 20 3/8”, 20 7/8”, 21 1/4”
- Side depth: 2 3/4” – 3”
- Neck width: 1 3/4” at nut or custom width
- Soundboard: Special collection Spruce
- Back and sides: Special collection Maple or Koa
- Fingerboard, bridge, pickguard, tailpiece: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 510, or custom
- Pickup and electronics: Optional