Both acoustically and aesthetically, the Jazz Nouveau is a departure from traditional arch top guitar construction in that it incorporates a "flat" back similar to a standard steel string guitar while still utilizing the carved arched top. This guitar bridges the gap between flat and arch top guitars in its ability to produce the bass response found in flat tops, while retaining the crispness and clarity found only in arch top guitars. By varying the depth of the sides, thereby increasing or decreasing the overall volume of air inside the body, the guitar can be custom built to suit the customer's needs for depth of bass response
The Nouveau has an extended "Selmer Maccaferri" type cutaway, making all twenty-four frets accessible. Custom pickups are available, but as with the other arch top models, emphasis on the Nouveau is on a well balanced acoustic tone with great volume.
The Jazz Nouveau is available in 16 " , 17 ", and 18" body sizes, cutaway or non-cutaway, with flamed Koa or Maple sides and back. (Pictured here is flamed Maui Koa with Sitka Spruce top.)
- Scale Length: 25", 25 1/2"
- Body Width (lower bout): 16", 17", 18"
- Body Length: 20 3/8", 20 7/8" , 21 1/4"
- Side Depth: 2 3/4" - 3"
- Neck Width: 1 3/4" at nut, or custom width
- Sound board: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Flamed Koa or Maple
- Fingerboard, Bridge, Pickguard, Tailpiece: Ebony
- Tuning Machines: Schaller
- Pickup, Electronics: Optional